Lived 329 - 390
Gregory was the 4th-century Archbishop of Constantinople and an eminent theologian of the early church. He was a classically trained orator and as such is widely considered the most accomplished rhetorical stylist of his time, infusing Hellenistic style and philosophy into the early church.
He was also known as Gregory the Theologian and Gregory Nazianzen.
Also see: Gregory of Nazianzus's books on Goodreads.
Five Theological Orations(129 pages)
Translated with an introduction and notes by Stephen Reynolds.
- The First Theological Oration, Preliminary Discourse
- The Second Theological Oration, On Theology
- The Third Theological Oration, On the Son, 1
- The Fourth Theological Oration, On the Son, 2
- The Fifth Theological Oration, On the Holy Spirit